Ramsey County Inclusive Hiring Connections Summit
01 December 2023
Thank you for attending Ramsey County's Inclusive Hiring Connections Summit!
We hope you found the information, workforce resources and networking opportunities to be valuable for implementing innovative and effective hiring practices to increase diversity and inclusiveness in your organization.
The presentation slide decks are linked below.
- Ramsey County Workforce Solutions Resources-Inclusive Employer Cohort and Toolkit, Incumbent Worker Training, Job Connect, and World Youth Connect: Learn about free resources available through the county to help you, your business and your employees.
Presenters: Ling Becker, Ramsey County Workforce Solutions and De’Jiohn (DJ) Brooks, World Youth Connect
- Minnesota Skills-Based Hiring Accelerator for Employers: Learn how to transform your hiring and employee development process to be inclusive and focused on skills and competencies. Here about this nationally recognized delivery model and its program offerings throughout 2024 in the Twin Cities!
Presenter: Allen Mavis, Goodwill Easter Seals
- The City of St. Paul Right Track - Youth Employment and Training: Come and learn about opportunities to support youth interns in Summer '24! Investing in Saint Paul's young people is a critical strategy for the economic health of our community. Right Track provides organizations with the ability to match with motivated, talented youth interns.
Presenter: Moua Xiong, City of St. Paul - Right Track
- Let's Get to Work - Fair Opportunities Hiring: Stats, Myths and What's Next: How can an employer overcome their bias on who to hire, or not hire? Find out how effective employers don’t dwell on the past of a job candidate, but focus on their future. No slide deck provided.
Presenters: Chad Kulas, Midway Chamber of Commerce (Moderator); Chris Crutchfield, Ujamaa Place; Jay Grossman, Repowered; Jonathan Jankowski, Boker's, Inc.
- Adult Education Resources for Employers: Saint Paul Public School Adult Education is an Adult Basic Education program that serves close to 700 adult learners a day. It offers free classes to adults for English language, GED, college preparation and job training.
Presenter: Karen Gerdin, St. Paul Public Schools Adult Basic Education
- Finding New Sources of Employees - Supports for Employees with Disabilities: During this session, you will learn about resources available to your business to help create a hiring process and work culture that is accessible and inclusive for candidates and employees. You will learn about best practices in the recruitment, pre-employment, and onboarding phases and how the vocational rehabilitation programs and the reasonable accommodation fund can help along every step of the way.
Presenters: Samantha (Sam) Albert, North St. Paul Vocational Rehabilitation Services Inc.; Ray McCoy, Employer Reasonable Accommodation Fund (ERAF) and State Services for the Blind; Analynn Schwarz, North St. Paul Vocational Rehabilitation Services office; and Dacia VanAlstine, State Services for the Blind
- Inclusive Hiring Strategies - An Approach to Utilizing International Talent: Uncover the true opportunity cost associated with hiring international talent and position your organization for success. This session will cover the opportunities, challenges, key considerations, and strategies for any organization to consider.
Presenter: Garrett Lieffring, Kivu Immigration Law.
Coffee and Conversation: A discussion on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Regional and Local Workforce Development Plan