Fair Opportunities Hiring Resources
Each year thousands of Minnesotans exit incarceration and come back into our community. Too often it feels that even though they have served their sentence, they are continually defined by that worst day,decision or moment.
Ramsey County and the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County are offering information, resources and events to help employers better understand the value of hiring individuals impacted by the criminal justice system.
- Fair Chance Employment: Let's Get to Work event - June 21, 8:30-11:45 a.m. at Saint Paul College - 235 Marshall Ave., Saint Paul. Join us for a free, half-day workshop to discover the untapped potential of individuals re-entering society and the workforce.
- Twin Cities R!se Employer Fair Chance Hiring Guide
- Brennan Center for Justice: Conviction, Imprisonment and Lost Earnings Report
- Brennan Center For Justice: Lost Wages Fact Sheet
- Numbers We Cannot Ignore Presentation by Damon Drake
- Normalizing Opportunity: A Policy Agenda to Promote Economic Advancement for People with Criminal Records - released by Jobs for the Future
- Fair Opportunities Article Series
Questions? Contact Rebecca.Milbrandt@ramseycounty.us.
The Fair Opportunities Hiring initiative is a collaboration between Ramsey County, the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County and many community partners.