Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for performing intermediate level troubleshooting and repair services of our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
Factors which may affect starting pay within this range may include skills, education, experience, geography, and other qualifications of the successful candidate. This position may be eligible for annual bonus and incentives based on profitability or volumes in accordance with the terms of the Company’s bonus and incentive plans, as applicable and in effect from time to time.
The Company offers the following benefits for full-time positions, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, as may be in effect from time to time: medical benefit, dental benefit, vision benefit, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, paid time off commensurate with tenure (includes vacation and sick time), two weeks of paid parental leave, and six paid holidays annually.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominant force in transportation and logistics, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt? J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for? J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
- Perform intermediate level troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to, tire replacements/flat repairs, brake adjustments/services/replacements, electrical diagnostics, basic structural repairs on trailer chassis, sub-frames, etc.
- Perform annual AA Trailer and FHWA Brake Inspections sign off.
- Patch holes in trailer/container side panels and roofs ensuring all holes are sealed and watertight.
- Understand and demonstrate the proficient use of a cutting torch and welding equipment and perform mid-level repairs on chassis, frames, brackets, etc.
- Properly document damage to company equipment to allow subrogation of repair costs.
- Accurately complete work orders and other written materials according to established procedures.
- Operate assigned service truck in a professional manner and according to company requirements; keep unit clean and well stocked.
- Follow all safety requirements while at a customer or rail yard.
- Properly attend to truck inventory.
- Troubleshoot and repair ABS system.
- 18 years of age for equipment up to 10,000 pounds or 21 years of age for equipment over 10,000 pounds.
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Tractor/Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1-year of experience in Federal Highway inspections and air brakes.
- Illustrate a clean motor vehicle record as per JB Hunt guidelines.
- 1-3 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commercial Driver's License.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes.
- Welding certification.
- Forklift certification and experience.
- EPA section 608 certification and Refrigeration License.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively.
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English.
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient active listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills.
- Proficient inventory management skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
Saint Paul, MN