The Employment Services Assistant has a variety of responsibilities throughout the hiring process to help ensure a positive and productive experience for each of the nearly 2,500 employees that are hired annually through the Employment Center for the Minnesota State Fair.
• Summer Employment - Begin in June and continue through the end of August.
• Meet one-on-one with applicants to review fair-time employment registration. • Match applicants with opportunities that fit their interests, availability, and experience. Refer qualified applicants to interviews. • Schedule applicant interviews with Minnesota State Fair department and vendor supervisors. • Track and maintain detailed records of applicant interactions and files. • Assess each applicant to ensure they fit specific job requirements and values of the Minnesota State Fair. • Assist Minnesota State Fair employees with I-9, W-4 tax forms, Letter of Agreement, and Employee Notice Forms. • Take identification badge photos. • Answer incoming inquiries when needed both in person and over the phone. • Distribute staff packet and staff shirts to employees. • Present yourself in a professional manner to ensure all applicants have a positive experience in the Minnesota State Fair Employment Center. • Interact with applicants from diverse backgrounds. • Assist with tasks assigned by either the immediate supervisor or other full-time staff members.
• High school diploma. • Must be at least 18 years of age or older. • Available to work five days per week June – August with limited days off. • Extended hours during peak times and consecutive days without time off are required. This includes some weekend work in the month of August. • Strong computer skills and ability to apply them in a fast paced environment. • Ability to stay calm and handle conflict. • Previous experience in an office setting. • Provide exceptional customer service in person and over the phone. • Maintain strong attention to detail and accuracy. • Ability to work independently and multi-task. • Ability to coordinate efforts with other members of the employment team. • Data entry experience. • Strong communication and organizational skills. • Ability to maintain confidentiality. • Ability to problem solve and use time management skills in a fast-paced office environment.
• Working knowledge of basic office equipment.
• Human Resources Major/Minor. • Previous experience using FileMaker Pro or other applicant tracking systems.
Minnesota State Fair
Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota 55108