Job Overview Install, troubleshoot and repair advanced customer mechanical hardware, doors, and frames. This position involves traveling to customer job sites in all weather conditions. Majority of the work day is spent on your feet. Company provides a vehicle to use during work hours. All hand and power tools will be provided by the company, and will be retained by the company. Any tool replacement not due to normal wear and tear will be the responsibility of the technician.
Working Conditions Wide variety of customer job sites, exposed to all seasons of weather. Involves: bending, kneeling, squatting, push/pull and lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Benefits We offer a full benefit package including 401(k) with match, continued training and development.
TCH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Visit us at www.tchco.com
- Review assigned work order and pick up needed parts from various TCH warehouses
- Work independently on installs and/or repairs, troubleshoot issues
- Work with Mech Techs III on complex work orders
- Coordinate and communicate with customers, Mech Services Mgr and Sales group on new or existing work orders
- Check-in and present overview of completed work with customer onsite
- Accurately fill out work log daily
- Attend internal and external training to increase product knowledge of the door and hardware industry
- Assist with training of Mech Tech Apprentice & Mech Tech I
- Must be available to be on-call nights/ weekends, as required
- Travel to customer sites driving a company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered unlicensed Minnesota Power Limited Technician (PLT) License
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical hardware, doors, and frames
- Intermediate understanding of Locksmithing
- Advanced welding skills
- Ability to analyze project scope and plan necessary steps/ timeline
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the company and customers
- Advanced experience with hand tools (hammer drill, power drill, measuring tools, circular saw, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of industry terminology and nomenclature
- Self-motivated and able to perform duties independently and complete projects timely
- Experience with computer software in a Windows/ Google based environment
- Some weekday overnight travel may be necessary
- Favorable results from customer’s background check
- Valid Driver’s License and favorable results from company background check including Motor Vehicle Record