The current vacancy is in the Ramsey County Detoxification & Withdrawal Management Facility. The eligibility list created by this vacancy may be used to hire other vacancies in the department or County.
Depending on area of assignment, to supervise the provision of nursing services at the: Ramsey County Detoxification & Withdrawal Management Facility, Lake Owasso Residence; or Ramsey County Mental Health Center; and perform related duties as assigned.
All job offers are conditioned on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized for emergency use or FDA-approved. You will be required to show proof of vaccination on or before your first day of employment and complete a form certifying that you are vaccinated. Religious and medical exemptions or reasonable accommodations will be considered upon request as required by applicable law.
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e., promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
Eligible List: The names of all applicants who filed a properly completed application and passed the examination/screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for an employment opportunity as a Nurse Supervisor. This list will be certified to the appointing authority which may use this list to conduct interviews to fill a vacancy. Candidates will remain on the list for one month or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time the eligible list is posted, informing them that the list has been posted and their rank on the list.
Veteran's Preference: This is a classified position requiring an open, competitive selection process. Veteran's Preference points will be applied after a candidate passes the examination process. Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should update their veteran's DD214, and other supporting documents, and submit them as an attachment at the time of application.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
(Only add if your department has this/these requirement)
In addition, you may be subject to one or more of the following:
- Department of Human Services (DHS) Background Check
- Psychotherapist Check
E-Verify Participation: Ramsey County participates in the federal E-Verify program. This means that Ramsey County will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Ramsey County is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ramsey County provides equal access to employment, programs, and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, familial or marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, public assistance status, place of residence, political affiliation, or national origin.
To print a paper application for this posting click Paper Application (Download PDF reader). You will need to print this posting and answer the supplemental questions associated with this exam and submit them with your completed paper application.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact Melva Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of Work Performed
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Supervise designated administrative functions such as: staffing functions (including responsibility for screening job applicants, recommending hires, conducting employee orientation, and in-service training, coordinating and facilitating staff meetings, conducting performance evaluations, and taking disciplinary actions as required); quality assurance review processes; Medicare/Medicaid monitoring; Infection Control processes; or other administrative functions relevant to the facility to which assigned; and may function as the Director of Nursing or Public Health Nurse Clinician as designated in their absence.
- Monitor provision of nursing care through direct observation and review of medication records, nursing notes, laboratory reports and other pertinent information.
- Participate in daily meetings with nursing staff to communicate client care needs, activities, special events, documentation issues, and to provide consultation on individual cases.
- May train and develop staff including assessment of staff skill set, initiating and overseeing the annual employee educational instruction plan to provide training in new areas and ensuring legal educational requirements are met, assisting with development of training policies and procedures, reinforcing existing skills and monitoring job performance.
- Assist Medical Director or other health care providers through communication of client history, pertinent health data, advising of changes in client condition and current plan of care and through direct hands-on assistance.
- Ensure provider orders are appropriately transcribed and documented and inform staff of changes in ordered treatments, routine orders, and medications.
- Provide expertise and consultation to nurses and support staff regarding individual patient care problems.
- Assist with program management in assigned work area by assessing program effectiveness and providing feedback on service delivery strategies.
- Assist with budget monitoring and development as assigned.
- Perform duties specified for RN positions as required.
- May assume on-call responsibilities as needed to include taking after hours calls from facilities and staff, providing direction over the phone on critical incidents and patient care, and covering shifts as needed.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this description and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
Education: Completion of an accredited two-year program in nursing.
Experience: Four years of experience as a registered nurse.
Certifications/Licensure: Must be licensed, in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota and have current CPR Health Care certification or obtain certification within 3 months of hire as required by facility.
Exam/Screening Process Information
The examination process will consist of the following section with each section weighted as indicated:
- Training and Experience Rating = 100%
The examination for Nurse Supervisor will consist of a training and experience rating, comprised of the questions in the attached supplemental questionnaire. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will pass the training and experience rating. The rating on this supplemental questionnaire will depend on your answers to the questions – do not mark “see resume” or “see work history” as a response. Please answer all your questions clearly and completely. Failure to respond could affect your score and final rank on this examination.