The Minnesota State Fair Employment department is responsible for hiring and processing nearly 2,500 employees each year to put on one of the largest events in North America. The Employment Administrative Assistant will assist the department with a variety of administrative tasks including supporting the Employment Supervisor and Employment Center services.
• Summer Employment – three days per week beginning in March through May. Five days per week from June through early September. • Extended hours during peak times, including some weekends and evenings are required.
• Assist Employment Supervisor and Administration Supervisor with all aspects of the employment department and special projects as assigned. • Answer incoming inquiries both in person and over the phone. • Assist Minnesota State Fair employees with I-9, W-4 tax forms, Letter of Agreement, and Employee Notice Forms. • Take identification badge photos. • Distribute staff packets and staff shirts to employees. • Track and maintain detailed records of applicant files and interactions. • Assist with data entry and mailing projects. • Present yourself in a professional manner to ensure all applicants have a positive experience in the Minnesota State Fair Employment Center. • Interact with applicants from diverse backgrounds. • Assist with tasks assigned by either the immediate supervisor or other full-time staff members as needed.
• High school diploma. • Must be at least 18 years of age or older. • Available to work five days per week June – August with limited days off. • Extended hours during peak times and consecutive days without time off are required. This includes some weekend work in the month of August. • Strong computer skills and ability to apply them in a fast paced environment. • Ability to stay calm and handle conflict. • Previous experience in an office setting. • Provide exceptional customer service in person and over the phone. • Maintain strong attention to detail and accuracy. • Ability to work independently and multi-task. • Ability to coordinate efforts with other members of the employment team. • Data entry experience. • Strong communication and organizational skills. • Ability to maintain confidentiality. • Ability to problem solve and use time management skills in a fast-paced office environment.
• Working knowledge of basic office equipment.
• Previous experience using FileMaker Pro or other applicant tracking systems. • Human Resources Major/Minor.
Minnesota State Fair
Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota 55108