Come be a part of the Minnesota State Fair Ticket Office team! Are you looking to take your first step into the entertainment industry? Look no further! The Minnesota State Fair Ticket Office is a great way to see behind the scenes of how the public purchases tickets to attend the State Fair and Grandstand shows!
• Assist with ticket sales for Minnesota State Fair Grandstand shows and admissions tickets.
• Summer Employment: June - September. There may be opportunities for part-time hours in April/May. Schedule will vary from week to week based on applicant’s availability and skill set. • Extended hours during peak times, including some weekends and evenings and during the Fair are required • Limited days off from August 22 – September 2, 2024.
• Sell entertainment and admission tickets to State Fair customers using a computerized ticketing system while providing general information. • Provide exceptional customer service for a diverse customer base through a safe, clean and friendly environment. • Answer questions regarding events, tickets and schedules via phone and in person. • Reconcile and balance money and inventory at the end of each shift. • Maintain a calm and positive attitude while under pressure. • Assist with tasks assigned by either the immediate supervisor or general manager as needed.
• Available to work June – September. Extended hours during peak times and consecutive days without time off are required. Limited days off from Aug. 1 – Sept 2. • Extended hours in August and during the Fair are required. • Effective written and oral communication skills. • Customer service skills. • Basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft Excel and Word. • Ability to work non-traditional office hours with a variable schedule, including weekends. • Reliable transportation to and from work.
• Previous experience in an office setting.
Minnesota State Fair
Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota 55108