- Basic Function
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will assist in developing and implementing the talent acquisition strategy for the County. This position will be the first point of contact for potential candidates and will create a positive applicant experience. Responsibilities include the facilitation of the full-cycle recruitment process from sourcing candidates to selection of new hires. This position will work in strong partnership with hiring managers, human resources business partners, public pathways, and exams specialists to continually analyze the recruitment process to suggest changes and improvements to realize talent needs. Additionally, this position will assist with building and promoting Ramsey County’s employer brand, conducting outreach and networking to build diverse talent pools.
This position is identified under the designation of ‘flex work eligible’, meaning that the employee can formally opt to be in-office full-time or work a flex schedule in which at least two-days per week are performed in office and other days can be performed in a remote-first environment. Regardless of selection, the position carries expectations regarding on-site responsibilities and will require schedule flexibility beyond the minimum expectations set forth in the county’s flexible workplace policy. To view Ramsey County’s Flexible Workplace policy, go to: Flexible Workplace policy (Download PDF reader).
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e., promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this position, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
Veteran's Preference: This is a classified position requiring an open, competitive selection process. Veteran's Preference points will be applied after a candidate passes the examination process. Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should update their veteran's DD214, and other supporting documents, and submit them as an attachment at the time of application.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
E-Verify Participation: Ramsey County participates in the federal E-Verify program. This means that Ramsey County will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Ramsey County is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ramsey County provides equal access to employment, programs, and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, familial or marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, public assistance status, place of residence, political affiliation, or national origin. Ramsey County is deeply committed to advancing racial equity and promoting diversity and inclusion within all areas of our workforce.
To print a paper application for this posting click Paper Application (Download PDF reader). You will need to print this posting and answer the supplemental questions associated with this exam and submit them with your completed paper application.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examples of Work Performed
- Design and administer full cycle recruitment plans. Create job postings in the NeoGov applicant tracking system, review application materials for suitability of candidates based on qualifications, create hiring processes that result in certified eligibility list and process offers including salary setting.
- Work closely with hiring managers and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) to proactively understand hiring needs, collaborate on recruitment and hiring initiatives and proactively inform HRBPs and hiring managers on recruitment progress.
- Identify, assess and engage a diverse pool of potential qualified candidates through proactive networking, external partnerships, job fairs, print, on-line and in-person recruitment techniques.
- Assist departments with the hiring process development and administration. Provide suggested interview questions, participate on interview panels upon request and recommend hiring decisions when consulted. Conduct reference and background checks on candidates and gather information needed for job offers.
- Provide guidance, consultation and training to management and individual employees on interpretation and implementation of the talent acquisition strategy.
- Research, evaluate and recommend approaches and strategies to recruitment and recruitment efforts. Prepare reports that require research, data collection or analysis and application of reasoning, judgment and knowledge of governing rules, laws or policies from a racial equity lens. Identify opportunities for process improvement around recruitment and hiring efforts.
- Respond effectively to inquiries from employees, management, job applicants, other county departments or employers, consistent with applicable policies and the Data Practices Act.
- Support County branding and marketing as an employer of choice in the Twin Cities area.
- Assist in supporting new and ongoing sustainability of pathway programs, hiring initiatives and workforce development hiring.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this description and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position’s management approved work schedule is required)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Minimum Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree in human resources management, communications and marketing, public administration, business administration, industrial relations, psychology, or a related field.
Substitution: Associates degree in human resources management, public administration, business administration, industrial relations, psychology, or a related field and two years of related experience; OR four years of qualifying work experience as a Human Resources professional; OR a combination of education and experience that equates to four years may be substituted for the education experience listed above.
Exam/Screening Process Information
EXAM/SCREENING PROCESS INFORMATION
- Training and Experience Rating = 100%
Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota 55101