YouthBuild - Education, Leadership, Construction
Earn while you learn! Join YouthBuild and get your GED or High School Diploma while gaining leadership skills and hands-on training.
- Academics: Earn your GED or High School Diploma by increasing your academic skills through 1:1 tutoring, group lessons, contextualized learning, and online education platforms
- Leadership: Explore career interests and personal values, set and achieve goals, learn the job skills needed to build a better future
- Construction: Learn hand and power tool use, framing, drywall, siding, roofing and deconstruction while earning credentials and certificates including OSHA 10, MNDOT Flagger, NCCER YRGE and NCCER Core
- Community involvement: Apply the skills you learn to help build affordable housing and volunteer in your community
- Stipend and bonus checks paid weekly once enrolled
- Assistance with work clothes, tools, transportation, driver’s education and more
- Receive support in reaching your goals every step of the way
- Classes are Monday–Friday, hours vary
- Training available at NO COST to eligible students
If you are 16-24 years old and are not currently enrolled in school, call/text 612-424-1050 or visit our website at www.gesmn.org/youthbuild to complete the interest form.