Senior Property Manager - Building Services: to manage facility operations, services, and maintenance for the building(s) to which assigned and supervise County and contracted building staff. Responsible for the management and daily operation of the buildings, including facilities maintenance, tenant services, and custodial and security services; direct the operations of personnel and finance to include administrative and support functions relating to budgets, personnel, purchasing, and policies and procedures; provide coverage as the 24 hour, 7 day a week on call emergency contact person; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Senior Property Manager - Support Services: to develop and manage the support functions of facility services and maintenance operations provided by the Property Management department. Responsible for development and oversight of services relating to 24/7/365 call center, human resources (HR) processes and payroll, enterprise asset management (EAM) and work orders; labor compliance program (LCP) tracker and accounts payable, budget development, and financial and variance reporting; card access and photo identification, documents and forms management, energy initiatives, and training and learning management system (LMS) coordination; inspection tracking; supervision of support staff and contractors; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Senior Property Manager - Real Estate Services: to function as the primary liaison between Ramsey County and Ramsey County Regional Railroad Authority and landlords/tenants for leased space and as owner’s representative for Ramsey County and Ramsey County Regional Railroad Authority owned properties. Responsible for lease and other use agreements, property transactions, property management and leasing agent contracts, landlord/tenant relations, lease administration, accounting, marketing, and construction at assigned properties. Provide on call emergency coverage of assigned facilities 24 hours, 7 days a week; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Senior Property Manager – Energy, Technology and Mobile Support Services: To assist department and managers with compliance on all applicable energy policies, requirements, guidelines and reduction goals. Standardize Efficient Building Operation and energy reduction best practices and coordinate implementation at all Property Management buildings. Review, approve and assist in implementing energy related projects and updates to Property Management buildings including BAS and equipment replacements. Develop procedures, provide tools and systems to monitor, analyze and track energy consumption. Maintain platform to collect, store and report County energy data. Prepare and provide periodic reports on building energy usage. Develop training curriculum and procedures for efficient building operation, provide periodic training for staff covering, energy policies, energy goals, efficient building operation and energy reduction best practices. Manage operations of a mobile support services team for Property Management to provide on-site mechanical and technical assistance to building teams in support of safe, efficient operation and maintenance of building systems.
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e., promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this position, go to: Job Descriptions. Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
Examples of Work Performed
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Function as the primary customer service representative in the facilities and is the main liaison between the tenant organizations and Property Management administration. Coordinate department communications to tenants.
- Communicate the Department's vision statement, mission statement, policies and procedures to staff and contracted personnel; work closely with subordinate supervisors, staff, and skilled union work force to ensure positive labor relations are pursued; monitor subordinates interpretations of bargaining contracts to maintain consistent labor practices; participate in grievance hearings as needed. In conjunction with department staff support the common department goals to provide welcoming, accessible, energy efficient, safe, and clean office and public spaces, on all leased and count owned property.
- Manage the personnel and budget activities by delegating duties, directing workflow, instructing staff, and inspecting work assignments; make decisions regarding the hiring, evaluation, and discipline of staff. Manage and ensure the accuracy of all payroll and personnel records for staff. Administer performance appraisals for staff, establish performance goals and provide constructive feedback; review performance of staff and/or contracted personnel to assure performance, compliance, and cost effectiveness.
- Manage service contracts including the preparation of requests for proposals, proposal evaluations, and vendor performance reports in conjunction with the department contract manager. Review the performance of contract workers to assure performance, compliance, and cost effectiveness. Verify that insurance certificates for all parties are consistent with Risk Management criteria and accidents/incidents are reported as appropriate. Engage local law authorities as needed.
- Develop annual budget and projecting future needs; monitor the budget to see that expenditures remain within the limits of the approved budget; authorize payments to various vendors and County agents; authorize budget adjustments as required; make decisions regarding the authorization and purchase of supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Establish a process for incorporating goals for Minority Business Enterprise and Women’s business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) participation in the procurement process and in workforce participation.
- Manage staff in maintaining records and generating reports relating to the enterprise asset management system, open and complete service requests, complete and backlog of preventive maintenance tasks, record asset conditions and inspection reports, and maintenance efficiency documents. Develop and implement quality control standards and inspection programs to ensure that maintenance work and services are being provided at a consistent level of quality and performance across assigned facilities.
- Coordinate and direct activity for workers’ compensation claims, accident claims and insurance recovery, unemployment claims, employment benefit program, Employee-Right-to-Know and OSHA reports.
- Manage staff activities in assisting department managers in procurement of services and supplies, regularly update vendor and supplier contact and contract lists, assist in obtaining prices or proposals when requested, develop and track purchase requisitions, receipt of materials and preparation of invoice payments.
- Manage custodial and maintenance services within assigned locations; develop and monitor service levels working closely with building tenants and staff to meet special needs within the facilities; evaluate and recommend implementation of cost effective and efficient methodology based on best practices in the industry and in the best interest of the County.
- Participate in joint meetings with other divisional/departmental staff and serve on committees, boards, and work teams.
- Responsible for Department-wide assignments as determined by management or department director.
Senior Property Manager – Building Services
- Manage and oversee all facility services and operations, including building and grounds maintenance, operations, services, repairs, energy efficiency initiatives and ADA accessibility requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, training, operations, maintenance, and repair of critical building systems including backup generators, electrical distribution systems, uninterruptible power supply systems, security, and closed caption television systems.
- Manage the general operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and components of its major systems, such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security and fire alarms, exterior building envelope, and grounds; establish and implement schedules to maintain these systems.
- Manage exterior maintenance programs including ground care, landscaping, snow removal, parking lots, site access and safety issues.
- Manage routine maintenance and repair and major operating and capital projects in the facility.
- Respond to and coordinate emergency repairs and requests.
- Maintain project records; inspect work for compliance with contract specifications and applicable building/safety codes.
- Develop and monitor integrated financial management and reporting procedures on departmental operations in cooperation with the Finance Department to ensure proper financial controls.
- Monitor compliance with building codes and County policies for building operations and services and develop new policies and standard operating procedures for staff as needed.
- Analyze and evaluate existing department policies and procedures and develop or assist in researching, planning, and formulating new policies and procedures or revise existing ones.
- Responsible for ensuring safety and security of employees and visitors at assigned facility; develop, monitor, and enforce internal safety procedures and compliance with OSHA, building codes and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Assure regulatory compliance in testing and maintaining mechanical, electrical and life safety systems within the facilities; develop emergency and life safety procedures and plans; implement and monitor on-going life safety training for staff and tenants.
- Analyze reports and data generated by the automated maintenance system to identify problems, trends and process improvements as needed.
Senior Property Manager – Support Services
- Develop and manage a 24/7/365 call center program to dispatch maintenance personnel for facility electrical, mechanical, structural, or other building emergencies. In conjunction with Building Managers develop specific response protocols per facility. Train staff to dispatch personnel during business hours, oversee contracted vendor to perform dispatch function after business hours.
- Manage services to ensure compliance and consistency in department financial activities including the development of operating and capital budgets, accounts payable - including use of LCP Tracker, and variance and financial reporting.
- Manage services to maintain the department filing and information retrieval systems: blueprints, project records and construction documents, Operations & Maintenance manuals, warranties, building and systems inspections. Ensure information is readily accessible, review and suggest new applications based on departmental needs.
- Responsible for verifying figures and reconciling errors in statistical records and reports by tracking, identifying, and correcting information as necessary. Review, modify and develop new forms and processes as needed, communicate to department managers and train staff.
- Manage a system to maintain statistical records and reports relating to department energy initiatives, consumption, and efficiencies. Review, update and implement updates to system as needed. Ensure current information is readily available.
- Maintain current contact distribution lists for each tenant entity. Develop and standardize periodic update reports of Property Management activities for distribution to tenants. Assist Building Managers in updating tenant manuals and notifying tenants of emergency building situations.
- In conjunction with Building Managers, develop a training program for maintenance personnel and assigned staff through use of the LMS system and contracted sources. Develop and coordinate training schedule for newly hired staff, notify experienced staff of new and updated training sessions and ensure completion. Review and implement updates to system as needed. Ensure current information is readily accessible.
- Manage a system to maintain records and reports relating to the county’s card access and photo identification systems. Use, analyze and evaluate existing department policies, procedures, and software tools and develop or assist in researching, planning, and formulating new policies and procedures or revise existing ones.
- Develop and manage a property management general request and fulfillment team to provide tenants a resource for centralized general service needs in the areas of space management, furniture management, conference room management, mail/courier services, audio/visual resources in conjunction with Information Services, and other services common to multiple departments. Provide insight and adjust general services functions to accommodate changes in service delivery as needs arise. Monitor space utilization and coordinate the repair, construction, relocation, and remodeling of office space to meet building occupant needs.
Senior Property Manager – Real Estate Services
- Review and analyze service contract plans for all facility services and operations, including buildings and grounds maintenance, operations, services, repairs, energy efficiency initiatives and ADA accessibility requirements. Focus on efficient, cost effective delivery of services.
- Manage major operating and capital projects. Ensure compliance with building codes and procurement policies. Oversee work related to property transactions. Maintain project records; inspect work for compliance with contract specifications and applicable building/safety codes.
- Assure regulatory compliance in testing and maintaining mechanical, electrical and life safety systems within the facilities; ensure emergency and life safety procedures and plans are updated regularly and that there are programs for on-going life safety training for contractors and tenants.
- Ensure the safety and security of tenant’s employees and visitors at assigned facility; enforce safety procedures and compliance with OSHA, building/fire codes, other applicable laws, and regulations; and ensure existence of department Continuity of Operations Plans and Workplace Emergency Plans. Respond to incidents as needed and coordinate emergency repairs and requests.
- Coordinate the preparation of a comprehensive leasing strategy for owned revenue generating properties that optimizes the tenant mix and promotes traffic generating events.
- Coordinate lease agreements, purchase/sale agreements, easements and other property use agreements working with the county attorney for review of these agreements. Act as lease administrator and manage contract documentation, key dates, and notifications; and participate in lease and purchase and sale negotiations as necessary.
- Coordinate the development of an annual marketing plan for revenue generating properties to include tactics, strategies, and performance measures. Verify that insurance certificates for all parties are consistent with Risk Management criteria and accidents/incidents are reported as appropriate. Engage local law authorities as needed.
- Review advertising strategies and communications; coordinate web-based communications, social media content, and digital signage content for consistency with RC/RCRRA and related facilities brand and policy as related to leasing and activation events.
Senior Property Manager – Energy, Technology and Mobile Support Services
- Develop standardized building automation system (BAS) platforms and specifications for Property Management.
- Support, program and maintain automation platforms. Provide oversight of automation vendors.
- Develop procedures, training, and coordinate implementation of Standardized Efficient Building Operating best practices.
- Manage, maintain, and provide department energy tracking, monitoring, reporting, and analysis programs including, Energy Manager, PowerTakeOff (PTO), B3, Portfolio Manager.
- Monitor individual building and total department energy and water consumption. Provide periodic reporting of consumption, compared to weather and progress compared to energy reduction goals.
- Assist in analysis and troubleshooting of identified building energy performance issues.
- Conduct periodic audits of buildings related to energy performance and efficiency.
- Develop procedures, training, and coordinate implementation of Energy Reduction best practices.
- Provide energy related project management.
- Facilitate good written and verbal communication, coordination and planning between Energy and technology team (ETT), building and project teams
- Respond to and coordinate emergency repairs and requests for BAS platforms.
- Monitor compliance with building codes and County policies for building operations and services.
- Update mobile support services team written plan and procedures to provide mechanical and technical assistance in the maintenance, operation, and repair of building systems and technology.
- Develop department utility budgets and forecasts. Include narrative explaining assumptions, projections, and forecasts.
- Perform research and provide recommendations for energy innovation projects and products.
- Develop the capital investment plan to achieve the county energy and carbon reduction goals.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this description and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (ALL): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Functional Area): All essential functions listed above as well as the assigned Senior Property Manager functional area, as assigned.
Senior Property Manager - Building Services and Support Services, Energy, Technology and Mobile Support
Education: Associate degree or Vocational Certificate in HVACR, Building, Systems, or related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in the operations, maintenance, and repair of buildings, building mechanical systems and grounds including at least two years as a building manager or equivalent. Three years of the five years of experience must be in a supervisory or management capacity.
Substitution: Experience beyond the minimum may be substituted for education on a year to year basis, up to two years. Any combination of education and experience that equals to seven years (of which three must be in a supervisory or management capacity).
Certifications/Licensure: Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Preferred: Certification from a nationally recognized facility management program (IFMA or BOMA).
Senior Property Manager - Real Estate Services
Education: Associate degree in Real Estate, Facility Management, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in real estate management and/or development or facility operations or related field with at least three years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
Substitution: Bachelor’s degree in real estate, facility management, business administration, economic, or related field may substitute for education and two years of experience. Any combination of education and experience that equals to seven years (of which three must be in a supervisory or management capacity).
Certifications/Licensure: Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
Preferred: Certification from a nationally recognized facility management program (IFMA or BOMA).
Exam/Screening Process Information
The examination process will consist of the following section with each section weighted as indicated:
- Training and Experience Rating = 100%
The examination for Senior Property Manager will consist of a training and experience rating, comprised of the questions in the attached supplemental questionnaire. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will pass the training and experience rating. The rating on this supplemental questionnaire will depend on your answers to the questions – do not mark “see resume” or “see work history” as a response. Please answer all your questions clearly and completely. Failure to respond could affect your score and final rank on this examination.
Eligible List: The names of all applicants who filed a properly completed application and passed the examination/screening process shall be placed on the eligible list for an employment opportunity as a Senior Property Manager. This list will be certified to the appointing authority which may use this list to conduct interviews to fill a vacancy. Candidates will remain on the list for one of month or until hired, whichever occurs first. A notice will be sent to applicants at the time the eligible list is posted, informing them that the list has been posted and their rank on the list. The names of all applicants who score in the top 15 will be forwarded to the department for further consideration.
Veteran's Preference: This is a classified position requiring an open, competitive selection process. Veteran's Preference points will be applied after a candidate passes the examination process. Applicants who are eligible for veteran's preference should update their veteran's DD214, and other supporting documents, and submit them as an attachment at the time of application.
Criminal Background Checks: All employment offers are conditioned upon the applicant passing a criminal background check. Convictions are not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered on its individual merits and the type of work sought. However, making false statements or withholding information will cause you to be barred from employment, or removed from employment.
E-Verify Participation: Ramsey County participates in the federal E-Verify program. This means that Ramsey County will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Ramsey County is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ramsey County provides equal access to employment, programs, and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, familial or marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, public assistance status, place of residence, political affiliation, or national origin. Ramsey County is deeply committed to advancing racial equity and promoting diversity and inclusion within all areas of our workforce.
To print a paper application for this posting click Paper Application (Download PDF reader). You will need to print this posting and answer the supplemental questions associated with this exam and submit them with your completed paper application.
For further information regarding this posting, please contact Miriam Simpson at email@example.com or call 651-266-2711.