WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO Visit Saint Paul is made up of a passionate and spirited group of advocates, marketers and promoters of the city of Saint Paul. We are creators of economic growth who connect travelers to resources and fun, businesses to audiences, meeting and event planners to the perfect venue, and our members to one another. We are dedicated to telling Saint Paul’s story and to introducing the world to the culture and diversity of our city — to its beauty and history, to its energy, its openness and its opportunities. Our work is inclusive of all areas and neighborhoods of Saint Paul, all groups and segments of people and any culture or tradition in our promotions, efforts and partnerships. To us, there is no need to travel the world to find what you are looking for — when you can find the world here in Saint Paul.
The mission of Visit Saint Paul is to market the greater Saint Paul area to out-of-town convention & leisure visitors, advocate for visitor needs and link the community with visitors. Visit Saint Paul functions as a private, non-profit membership-based organization.
POSITION OVERVIEW The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of Marketing Projects (cross-departmental)
- Management of Organization’s Communications, PR & Media Relations
- Management of Leisure, Group and International Market Sales Missions & Tradeshows
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Partnership, this position will be responsible for the following:
Marketing Project Management
- Manage, track and evaluate marketing strategies and activities in support of sales, group and leisure tourism efforts, and partnership. Prepare reports.
- Assist VP in the development and management of the annual marketing plan and budget, and coordinate activities of the department to achieve marketing, sales and partnership goals outlined in the annual marketing plan.
- Manage development and execution of Visit Saint Paul’s brand. Oversee projects and outside agencies as they relate to the use of the Visit Saint Paul logo and brand. To include sales and partnership materials: customized sales materials, facility art and signage, departmental brochures and hand-outs, etc.
- Lead project management, ad sales and distribution for annual Saint Paul Insider’s Guide.
- Develop, organize and coordinate leisure tourism programs (i.e. major seasonal activities) and Bandwango passes.
- Manage social media strategy, creative agencies and other advertising vendor/partners.
- Identify market opportunities and develop short and long-term strategies with the objective of attracting overnight business as related to tourism/leisure sales.
- Track leisure marketing activities and manage monthly reporting.
- Partnership with Convention Services in project management of street parties, fan fests and other events
- Maintain knowledge of member properties and services through on-site visits and ongoing communication. Support the growth, development and retention of Visit Saint Paul partners.
Communications, PR & Media Relations Management
- Prepare and distribute internal and external communications, to include press releases, media advisories, presentations, newsletters and annual report.
- Manage overall communication strategy. Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure content, messaging and brand synergy throughout Visit Saint Paul marketing and collateral.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, regional, national and international media, travel writers, freelancers and bloggers.
- Host travel writers and coordinate media FAM tours.
- Participate in sales missions, tradeshows and conventions targeted to the development of the international, group tour and leisure markets. Coordinate tourism FAM tours with media and group travel leaders.
Sales Mission & Trade Show Management
- Manage market development and international trade initiatives.
- Participate in sales missions, FAM tours, tradeshows and conventions targeted to the development of the leisure, group tour and international markets.
- Represent the destination, Visit Saint Paul and partners at domestic trade shows. Follow up on leads received from trade shows and other sources by sending/delivering requested information and assisting with special requests.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE…
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree + 2 years work-related experience or equivalent combination
- Familiarity with a variety of software and design programs and website platforms, with the ability to learn company CRM, CMS and other digital tools
- Exceptional communication skills, including strong writing skills, with the ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Experience using and strategizing for a wide range of social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and groups, including staff and partners
- Demonstrated personal integrity and sense of responsibility along with a positive work attitude
- Desire to take initiative, creatively tackle challenges and launch new ideas
- Exceptional attention to detail and personal accountability
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- A commitment to providing superior customer service with the ability to resolve issues in a professional manner
- Experience working in tourism and hospitality strongly preferred
Visit Saint Paul
Saint Paul, MN, MN 55102