Under the guidance and supervision of the Park and Recreation Superintendent, this position is responsible to perform intermediate semiskilled work maintaining the warming house building, and outdoor ice rinks in a safe and orderly manner, providing an enjoyable atmosphere for citizens to skate, and related duties as apparent or assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promptly open, close and secure the warming house according to schedule.
· Maintains order in the warming house and skating areas by enforcing all rules and regulations.
· Assists skaters.
· Monitors behavior at the rink and enforce rink rules in a diplomatic manner.
· Keeps the warming house and skating area clean and free of debris.
· Keeps sidewalk and doorways of warming house clear of snow and ice.
· Keeps the restrooms in warming house clean and well supplied.
· Keeps the restrooms outside warming house well supplied and report any maintenance needs.
· Responds to first aid needs and emergencies, following correct emergency procedures.
· Maintains adequate supplies such as shovels; monitors first aid supplies.
· Completes accident reports as needed.
· Records daily attendance at designated time on the attendance records.
· Ensure a fun and safe skating environment.
· Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Have the desire to work with the public.
· Be committed to working a part-time schedule of 10 – 20 hours per week which include weekdays 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.; weekends and school breaks noon – 8:00 p.m.
· Ability to skate is not a requirement.
· Must have a cellular phone.
· Must have transportation to/from skating rink.