NTH OVERVIEW: NTH is an award-winning, independent real estate and project management firm. We help clients make effective real estate decisions by providing customized solutions to meet our clients' real estate needs and business goals. With decades of experience in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area, our extensive knowledge of the real estate market offers valuable insight into existing properties and new developments. We value a high level of client service, collaborative work within the office and with project partners, and service to benefit our community. Our project work spans strategic planning, site selection, lease/purchase negotiations, financial analysis, budgets and schedule management, and design and construction management. For more detailed information see our website at www.nth-inc.com.
POSITION OVERVIEW This position will initially support NTH project managers. With experience, this position may lead to full-service involvement by leading projects. Ideally after 1 year, the candidate should be able to manage projects independently. Position will report directly to the project management principal. General tasks include:
- Provide design and construction related project management services for projects ranging from tenant improvement projects to ground-up construction.
- Support real estate transactions through insights into building systems, project budgets, and schedules.
- Position requires on-site project meetings and construction observation. Typical working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday but there may be situations that require working outside of the normal schedule. NTH values collaboration in the office but provides the flexibility of a hybrid working environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: This position is salaried, at a level commensurate with experience. Benefits include PTO, a group health plan, 401(k) Plan, transportation allowance, and professional development opportunities.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter including specific work history and projects completed, professional designations, and references to Ms. Terry Tinnes at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
TYPICAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the benefits of project management services offered by NTH.
- Research background information on client business, understand client project goals and implement project accordingly.
- Support Real Estate – evaluate building conditions during client tours, interpret landlord work letter, track tenant improvement allowance, monitor project budget and schedule, evaluate “fit plans” and analyze, from a functional perspective, space plan options.
- Create, modify, and track project schedules.
- Evaluate alternative project delivery strategies.
- Schedule and document meetings with various user groups and consultants.
- Demonstrate an understanding of building systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical, structural, etc.) and building standards and their implications on the design.
- Prepare and monitor a comprehensive project budget, including furniture, technology, and other related costs.
- Assist in the solicitation, evaluation and selection of design firms, engineers, contractors, furniture vendors, movers, technology consultants, card access, AV, cabling, etc.
- Pursue alternative products, technologies, etc., that might be appropriate (e.g., sustainable design).
- Monitor the progress of the architect and other design consultants.
- Participate in the review of design and construction documents. Coordinate consultants responsible for reviewing and commenting on construction documents.
- Review all requests for payment (including supporting documentation and lien waivers).
- Review and evaluate all requests submitted by design consultants for additional services.
- Provide technical review/assistance as requested (e.g., products, vendors, etc.).
- Work with architect or design engineers to define the commissioning requirements that will be included in the drawings and specifications.
- Participate in the relocation planning.
- Participate in project, design and construction meetings, regular site visits, field reports, etc.
- Observe construction progress on a regular basis for consistency with plans and schedules.
- Review and understand project construction costs. Work with client and related project partners to create a systematic approach for tracking construction costs.
- Participate in all project related documentation (e.g., shop drawings, submittals, change orders, RFI’s, PR’s, etc.).
- Participate in punch list inspection.
- Track the submission of record documents (e.g., “as-built” drawings, O&M manuals, training sessions, etc.), review for conformance, and distribute to client.
- Participate in final accounting (e.g., releasing retainage, closing contracts, etc.).
- Assist NTH staff with prospect and client related research, preparation of presentations and proposals, and administrative work, such as scheduling meetings.
- Attend continuing education programs to expand skills and network.
- Participate in professional organizations applicable to real estate, design, and construction.
- Participate in marketing and business development activities.
- Seek knowledge regarding industry trends and market status both locally and nationally.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, interior design, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in design, construction and/or project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in tracking a project from inception to completion.
- Ability to review and comment on architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical/electrical project documents.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to handle several projects at once and navigate changing priorities.
- Team player, service oriented both with clients and other staff members.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for attending client meetings, tours, and other events within the Twin Cities metro area.