The Pilot Plant Operations Technologist role involves setting up, sanitation and running equipment for trials will be provide support to various platforms with a focus on the Cereal platform. This role will also exhibit strong customer service for various R&D platforms.
What your compensation will look like:
- Pay starting at $24 (based on skillset and experience) per hour plus shift differential for off-shifts and potential for overtime
- Additional $0.80 for working 2nd shift
- Additional $1.00 for working 3rd shift
- 15 days (120 hours) of vacation annually and 11 paid company holidays
- Great paid time off benefits – including sick time and paid parental bonding time
- 401(k) match
- Health Insurance includes medical, dental and life
- And much more!
- Second shift position is scheduled for five days per week, 8 hours per day from the hours of 2:00-10:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Third shift position is scheduled for five days per week, 8 hours per day from the hours of 10pm - 6am on (Sunday Night) Monday through Friday Morning (6am).
Actual days of the work week, start times and end times may change based on business needs. This position is considered a flex position in that the employee would provide support to not just the cereal platform but can learn various operations for different business to build breadth of capabilities for future development. With advance notification, the candidate will be required to flex to a different shift or have different hours based on evolving business needs. This candidate may be required to work up to 2 hours of overtime before or after their assigned shift and/or occasionally support 8-12 hours on the weekend.
- Safely operates equipment, understands food safety requirements and ability to perform risk assessments
- Human and Food Safety Leadership: Can lead teams through projects / efforts to find and resolve safety risks.
- Maintains skills on multiple unit operations / systems; mastery is present on some systems. Can run systems with efficiency / Can teach on some systems. - Knowledge and capability drive incremental value to customers. Can train others.
- Leads equipment sanitation activities with capability to inspect following sanitation. Leader in more complex system setup.
- Maintenance/Electrical/Controls with a technical focus
- High School Degree w/3-5 years of directly relatable experience or Associates Degree w/ 2-3 years of directly relateable experience
- Ability to consistently & repeatedly lift, manipulate & transport ingredients or equipment, up to 55 lbs
- Experience of working in teams to deliver results
- Basic computer/technology skills (Office Suite, other computer programs)
- Translate technical expertise to business impact
- Comfortable in processing (pilot plant or plant) environment
- Strong communication skills with peers and with customers
- Basic understanding of food safety and human safety
- Previous work experience in a similar field
- Foodservice experience
- Passionate around the creation of food, CPG industry, and consumer trends (both food and packaging)
In Innovation, Technology and Quality (ITQ), we are relied on to bring expertise and continuity to our business. It takes time to build the type of deep expertise that drives innovation and helps build bold brands. As you consider joining General Mills and the ITQ team, it is our expectation is that you will be in role for a minimum of 24 months to ensure you are set up to successfully drive impact and results.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. General Mills will not sponsor applicants for a U.S. work visa.
Golden Valley, Hennepin, MN 55427