Are you looking for a unique case management position with a fantastic schedule? This is the one for you! Merrick, Inc. offers an amazing variety of life enrichment, employment, and vocational rehabilitation to more than 375 clients. We are the largest day program in Ramsey County with a 56-year history of leadership in person-centered planning, self-advocacy, meaningful work options, and continuous innovation.
Merrick, Inc. Offers:
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm set schedule.
- Multiple different health insurance options through Medica.
- Up to a 3% retirement match.
- Free dental insurance for the employee.
- Free life insurance for the employee & all dependents.
- A great work environment.
Our Commitment to DEI
- We are dedicated to building a diverse team of employees who have an ongoing commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- If you are excited about this role and you feel that you would be an asset to this position, regardless of your past experience, we highly encourage you to apply. We value people for all life, education, and work experience.
- Assess, develop, write, and evaluate the assessments and goals for each client based on each client’s Support Plan Addendum.
- Measure client’s outcomes based on what has been achieved and take necessary actions to facilitate the accomplishment of the outcomes.
- Complete all client specific paperwork, documentation, and reports for assigned clients.
- Schedule and conduct all required meetings for assigned clients.
- Create and update, as needed, the Client File and client face sheets for all assigned clients.
- Communicate regularly with assigned clients’ guardians, homes, family members, case managers, department Lead(s), and corresponding Assistant Program Director.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Transportation office and corresponding Assistant Program Director for client transportation needs.
- Submit waiver and funding forms, rate documents, and follow up to ensure accurate Service Agreements are secured.
- In collaborate with the corresponding Assistant Program Director, assist with the Client Files training and re-training for all Direct Support Professionals within the department.
- As needed, complete client file checks to assess that employees in the corresponding departments are reviewing the necessary client information.
- In support of the Assistant Program Director, ensure compliance with Positive Supports Rule.
- In the absence of the corresponding Assistant Program Director, be the ‘point of contact’ for others needing to interact with the assigned clients.
- Be trained and available as a back-up to Direct Support Professionals and provide coverage to program areas, as needed.
- In collaboration with the Production Division, attend the hourly production evaluations for assigned clients, as needed.
- Must be a Qualified Developmental Disability Professional (QDDP) or Designated Coordinator as defined in federal and/or state statute as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree in a field related to human services, and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 or older; or
- An associate degree in a field related to human services and two full years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 or older, or
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited post-secondary institution, and three full years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; or
- Four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications listed above.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Ability to use electronic devices including, but not limited to, Microsoft applications, data bases, and internet-based applications.
- Have a valid class ‘D’ driver’s license.
- Personal vehicle insurance coverage of $100,000 injury/$50,000 damage is required.
- On going commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace.
- Commitment to promoting a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug/alcohol test following a conditional job offer as well as throughout the course of employment, required by driving policies.