About Twin City Hardware (TCH)
TCH is a market leader in providing door opening, access and security solutions for commercial, architectural, and residential construction projects. We are a medium-size, family-owned business whose top priority is to provide customers with exceptional service and quality product!
Business is continually increasing and we are in need for a Wood Worker/ Finisher to join our Wood Shop production department. We have a wide range of skills needed for this group; we will accept candidates who are entry level, just starting out in the field or candidates who have been working in the woodworking/ finisher carpentry trade and could jump into the duties with more confidence.
Manufacturing/warehouse environment with constant exposure to machine noise and wood dust; periodic exposure to glue/adhesives. All day on your feet including; bending, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and twisting. Lift 10-50lbs regularly, and 100lbs+, occasionally.
We offer a full benefit package including 401(k) with match, continued training and development.
TCH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at www.tchco.com
- Install metal or wood kits and glass into wood slab doors
- Operate casing cutting machine, assemble casing and apply to pre-hung door units
- Accurately cut and assemble basic to complex door frames
- Operate door casing machine, lite cutout machine and frame assembly machine
- Operate interior pre-hung door machine
- Install wood stop on door frames, stitch stop to jambs
- Run commercial door fabricator line and vacuum lift
- Build and assemble custom doors and frames
- Accurately complete a variety of strike and hinge preps using portable or power tools
- Custom-sizing of doors (cutting down length or width)
- Must be able to accurately read and interpret a tape measure or ruler and figure fractions to precise measurements
- Must be able to safely operate shop tools (nail gun, miter and circular saws, planer, sander, etc)
- Basic identification of wood species and understanding of door and frame components, preferred but not required
- Ability to understand shop orders and sales orders, accurately follow instructions per order
- Intermediate understanding of templates, elevations and drawings, preferred but not required
- Prior experience in finish carpentry, preferred but not required
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and eager to learn new skills
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively and courteously with your team
- Cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making and comprehension
- Forklift certification or willingness to be certified
- Favorable results from a pre-employment physical and drug screen