This role will purchase materials from a variety of vendors, check acknowledgments for accuracy and work with the Sales department to ensure customer needs and deadlines are met.
Office environment with moderate amount of computer work, workstation allows for sit or stand. May include extended periods of standing/walking/bending in a warehouse environment subject to temperature changes.
We offer a full benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, paid Holidays, 401(k) with match, and continued training and development.
TCH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at www.tchco.com
- Verify item information on Sales Orders, work with Sales staff to obtain correct information
- Enter Purchase Orders for stock and special order items for high volume vendors
- Participate in cycle counts and maintenance of inventory level
- Run requisition worksheets and evaluate for stock and special order items needing to be re-ordered
- Vendor evaluations and comparisons
- Monitor and adjust min/max levels for stock items
- Authorize payment to vendors
- Keep vendor information up to date in Microsoft Business Center (MBC)
- Special projects to improve processes and efficiency
- Check order acknowledgements from vendors for accuracy and follow up if needed
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in a Purchasing / Buyer role, preferred
- Ability to identify wood species and posses an understanding of wood door and frame components, preferred
- Advanced computer experience in a Windows/ Google based environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the company and it’s vendors
- Intermediate knowledge or ability to learn cERP software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Business Center (MBC) or similar software
- Must be able to reliably commute or relocate to Oakdale, MN