We are currently looking for an experienced Door and Hardware Installer to join our Mechanical Service Team; this department performs door and hardware installs and repairs for our customers in the Twin Cities area. Company will provide vehicle and tools.
Wide variety of customer job sites, exposed to all seasons of weather. Majority of day is spent on your feet. Involves: bending, squatting, push/pull, reaching overhead, and ladder climbing. Lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, 50lbs + occasionally.
We offer a full benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, paid Holiday, 401(k) with match, and continued training and development.
TCH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Review assigned work orders and pick up needed parts from various TCH warehouses
- Work independently to install hollow metal doors/frames and the coordinating hardware - including locks, closers, push bars, etc
- Troubleshoot and repair basic door hardware
- Adjust/replace doors and frames in a variety of wall types
- Coordinate and communicate with customers, Mech Services Mgr and Sales group on new or existing work orders
- Check-in and present overview of completed work with customer onsite
- Accurately fill out daily work log
- Attend industry specific training to gain knowledge of the door and hardware industry
- Travel to customer sites within the metro area driving a company vehicle
- Other duties as required
- Basic knowledge of mechanical door hardware, doors, and frames
- Basic understanding of Locksmithing, preferred
- Basic welding skills, preferred
- Experience using various hand & power tools - drills, jigsaw, demolition hammer, circular saw, etc
- Good communication skills with all levels of the company and customers
- Experience with computer software in a Windows/ Google based environment
- Motivation to continue increasing knowledge and skills
- Some weekday overnight travel may be necessary
- Clean background check including favorable Motor Vehicle Record
- Favorable results from a pre-employment physical and drug screen