$600 - $1,200 hiring bonus, based on experience.
Pay & PTO match with a verified paystub from your current employer. Are you looking for a unique caregiving position with a fantastic schedule? This is the one for you! Merrick, Inc. offers an amazing variety of life enrichment, employment, and vocational rehabilitation to more than 375 clients. We are the largest day program in Ramsey Country with a 56-year history of leadership in person-centered planning, self-advocacy, meaningful work options, and continuous innovation.
Merrick, Inc. Offers:
- Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm set schedule.
- $600 - $1,200 hiring bonus, based on experience.
- Pay & PTO match with a verified paystub from your current employer.
- Multiple different health insurance options through Medica.
- Up to a 3% retirement match.
- Free dental insurance for the employee.
- Free life insurance for the employee & all dependents.
- A great work environment.
Our Commitment to DEI
- We are dedicated to building a diverse team of employees who have an ongoing commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- If you are excited about this role and you feel that you would be an asset to this position, regardless of your past experience, we highly encourage you to apply. We value people for all life, education, and work experience.
- Assist clients with their day-to-day needs and wants.
- Encourage clients to reach their personal goals.
- Encourage clients to engage in daily activities, outings, and community inclusion.
- Be engaged throughout the day with clients in activities or community outings.
- Assist clients in personal care such as toileting, changing briefs, occasionally bathing, feeding, and preparing meals as needed.
- Transfer clients using appropriate body mechanics and assistive equipment such as a Hoyer or manual lift, wheelchairs, Posey belt, standers, walkers, etc.
- Assist in meeting the transportation needs of clients including operating a motor vehicle, and assisting in loading, and unloading clients in a safe and reliable manner.
- Complete Pavillio, Data Sheets, and other required documentation for assigned clients.
- As needed, on Newtrax vehicles, ride with clients to and from Merrick.
- Assist clients when challenging situations occur.
- High School Diploma
- Six to twelve months of experience supporting individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
- Ability to use electronic devices including databases and internet-based applications.
- Have a valid class ‘D’ driver’s license.
- Maintaining a current DOT medical examiner certificate and medical waiver is preferred.
- On-going commitment to strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion within the workplace.
- Commitment to promoting a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug/alcohol test following a conditional job offer as well as throughout the course of employment, as required by driving policies.