• Job ID: 65906 • Location: St. Paul • Full/Part Time: Full-Time • Regular/Temporary: Unlimited • Who May Apply: This vacancy is open for bids and for all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be considered through 5/30/2023. • Date Posted: 05/24/2023 • Closing Date: 06/06/2023 • Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Revenue Dept / Revenue (Inc Assessors)-AFSCME • Division/Unit: Income Tax & Withholding / ITW-Review & Support • Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift • Days of Work: Monday - Friday • Travel Required: No • Salary Range: $18.55 - $24.60 / hourly; $38,732 - $51,364 / annually • Classified Status: Classified • Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME • Work Area: Income Tax and Withholding Division – Review and Support • FLSA Status: Nonexempt • Telework Eligible: No • Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans. The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota. Job Summary This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies. This position completes the day-to-day administrative tasks within the Income Tax & Withholding division to ensure things run smoothly and efficiently. These tasks include but not limited to reviewing incoming taxpayer appeals and abatement requests resulting from audits and creating cases in GenTax, processing requests for third party information, distributing mail, processing requests for copies of returns, and coordinating service awards. Teleworking employees are required to live in Minnesota or a bordering state in a county along the Minnesota state line.
- Typing/keyboarding sufficient to produce reports and correspondence in an efficient and accurate manner
Knowledge of English sufficient to:
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Understand and be understood during in-person, e-mail/written, and phone interactions with others
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Read, explain, and interpret a variety of materials and follow detailed instructions
- Using spreadsheet software applications, such as Microsoft Excel, to maintain and reconcile data and identify discrepancies
- Data entry sufficient to read source documents and enter data in specific data fields
- Input data quickly and accurately
- Enter data into established spreadsheets
- General office experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience handling and maintaining highly confidential information
- Experience balancing multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Experience identifying problems and offering potential solutions
- Experience using a variety of computer software applications, not limited to, but may include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working independently to complete tasks
Requires occasional moving of articles such as boxes, accounting records, laptop computer, and portable printer.
Prior to an offer of employment, a background check will be conducted. This will include, but is not limited to checking degrees and licensures, criminal history, and tax filing and payment history. All individual income tax filing and payment obligations must be current prior to interviewing for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
How to Apply:
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact John Hennessy at email@example.com To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Janel Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need a reasonable accommodation for this interview and/or testing process, please contact the Department of Revenue ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota. A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
• 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission • 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs • 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job • 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
• Public pension plan • Training and professional development • Paid vacation and sick leave • 11 paid holidays each year • Paid parental leave • Low-cost medical and dental coverage • Prescription drug coverage • Vision coverage • Wellness programs and resources • Employer paid life insurance • Short-term and long-term disability • Health care spending and savings accounts • Dependent care spending account • Tax-deferred compensation • Employee Assistance Program (EAP) • Tuition reimbursement • Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what assistance is needed.
Minnesota State Department of Revenue
Saint Paul, MN 55101