Navigate your career @ Airgas Enrich your experience with a new step in your professional journey! Airgas encourages internal mobility. Developing yourself into new roles within our organization is key to our Talent Management strategy. We believe in you and the value you bring to our company. Field Service Technician I Fresno, CA Job Description:
- Days: Mon - Fri
- Hours: TBD
- Pay: $26.00/ hr
- Hours: 40 hours/ Up to 10 overtime
- Location: Fresno, CA (Travel involved but planned ahead)
- Class A or B, hazmat, tankers.
- Basic knowledge and competency with hand tools. Previous mechanical or gas work was preferred but not required. For Immediate Consideration contact your recruiter, Fallon Clark by phone @470-720-0218. Who is Airgas?
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
What will I be doing?
- Transfer product from Airgas truck to customer tank through hose hook up.
- Inspect vehicles before and after use according to DOT and company maintenance checklist.
- Loading Microbulk tanks, filling customer owned Microbulk tanks as assigned.
- Assist field service technicians with C02 tank installations & repair work as required.
- Maintain DOT, SAFECOR and Airgas vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed.
- Assure the route truck remains in proper and safe working order and that routine and required maintenance occurs on a timely basis.
- Comply with all Federal, State and local laws regulating safe driving and the safe and proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Immediately notify the Area BevCarb Manager of malfunctioning equipment or conditions that need immediate action.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- Using Airgas Tablets to collect proper customer signatures for deliveries and utilizing company email.
- Understand Airgas Driving Safety Practices.
What skills, background, and behaviors must I possess?
- 1 year of verifiable driving experience in the past 4 years or driving school training.
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school will count as 1 year of required experience.
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years.
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years.
- No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for "Failure to pay child support".
- No DUI in the last 7 years.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
What are the other requirements?
- Effective verbal communication and ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company.
- Work may require standing, stooping, crouching, sitting for long periods of time or bending.
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry up to 50lbs.
What's in it for me? Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a generous match and much more...!
At least 22 years old. Class B CDL minimum with at least 1 year CMV experience. Experience must be within the last 4 years. No exceptions. Hazmat and tanker endorsements required. No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years. No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years. No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years. No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for "Failure to pay child support". No DUI in the last 7 years. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
Roseville, MN 55113