Assist with indoor and outdoor maintenance of the fairgrounds including grounds, buildings, lawn, and set up and tear down for non-fair events.
-Summer Employment- Begin in May or early June and continue through September. -Extended hours during peak times, including some weekends and evenings are required. -Required to work all 12 days of the Minnesota State Fair, August 24 – September 4, 2022. -Possible part-time opportunity extended through October.
-Grounds maintenance including cutting grass, weed whipping, landscaping and other general grounds work. -Building maintenance including deep cleaning, general cleaning, general building repairs, communicating any building issues and other general building maintenance needs. -Set up, tear down, post-event cleaning and maintenance of non-fair events. -Set up, tear down and maintenance of the Great Minnesota Get-Together. -Working conditions consist of working outdoors, indoors, in various weather conditions, and around loud equipment. -Assist with tasks assigned by either the immediate supervisor or general manager as needed.
- Available to work June –September with limited days off.
- Extended hours during peak times and consecutive days without time off are required.
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented.
- Excellent decision-making skills. -Strong work ethic. -Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Respect all Minnesota State Fair rules, property, and equipment. Follow safe work practices.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and accomplish duties as assigned in a timely manner. -Arrive on time for work. -Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to display great customer service. -Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Experience with equipment and tools. -Mechanical knowledge. -Valid driver’s license.
Minnesota State Fair
Saint Paul, Ramsey, MN 55108