HOUSEKEEPING TRAINING PROGRAM
Free Employment Program for New Americans
The Housekeeping Training program prepares New Americans to work in the hospitality and cleaning industry (including nursing, office buildings and hotels) as housekeepers.
Housekeeping Training Content
- Proper cleaning & sanitation procedure
- Chemical safety
- Customer service
- Dialogue with customers, coworkers and supervisors
- Bed-making basics
- Workplace safety
- Computer skills
- Speed skills
- Industry-specific English
- Guest speakers and visits to local employers
After training, the Institute’s employment specialists provide employment assistance, placement and ongoing employment support. Wages range from $15/hour to $17/hour. This class meets MFIP hourly requirements.
Housekeeping Student Eligibility
- Be born outside of the United States
- Motivated to work in housekeeping after graduation
- Be able to read and write the English alphabet
Housekeeping Class Schedule
The class runs four times throughout the year. Upcoming sessions:
- March 6 – April 14
Classes meet Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. at the International Institute. Bus passes or gas cards are available; contact us for transportation help.