This 14 week class online class will help prepare you for the ParaPro Certification Exam. The exam is needed if you do not have a two or four year degree and would like to work in a school setting with Kindgergartner to 12th grade students.
- The certification exam is 90 multiple choice questions covering Reading, Writing and Math skills, including how to apply those skill in a classroom or school settting.
- You will discuss student and parent rights within the school setting and gain a better understanding of racial equity in the classroom.
- Upon successful completion of the class and certifiation exam you will be eligible to interview for open Educationa or Teacher Assistant positions with St. Paul Public Schools-District 625.
- 14 week commitment
- TABE 11/12 M Reading score of 468+
- TABE 11/12 M Math Score of 449+
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to pass a background check to work with Children
Next Steps and additional career information:
Apply and interview with local school districts for Teacher Assistant or Educational Assistant positions. Gain valuable experience working as a TA or EA and decide to become a K-12 Teacher!
Contact Hubbs Center
Saint Paul Public Schools
1030 University Ave West
Saint Paul, MN 55104
P: 16512904822 W: https://www.spps.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=11806&ModuleInstanceID=61936&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=67205&PageID=23806